There are many ways to have fun over the weekend. You could invite a group of friends over to your place, or family perhaps, so that you could take the stress of the busy week away. Nowadays, people are so busy with their lives, they no longer have time for themselves of others. Their whole lives are spent on their careers as they try to be successful. People seem to have forgotten the importance of taking time off often to refresh our minds. This way, when we get back to work, our minds and energies are renewed. You don’t have to have money to have a good time over the weekend.
As a matter of fact, you’d simply need to buy some steak, a couple of beers, and you can then invite your friends over and enjoy grilling the steaks, drinking beer, and even taking part in activities like basketball. Things like these tend to make us bond, creating better relationships with family and friends. It doesn’t matter whether your backyard is big enough, you can hold these events right on your driveway. You can set up the barbeque grills and sitting space on one side of the driveway, while on the other side would be your in-ground basketball hoop.
I guess that you’re wondering why I chose basketball. The truth is that all sporting activities are good for our physical health and it is just a matter of preference. Below are some of the benefits of playing basketball, many of which can be shared with other sporting activities:
- Burning calories
- Great for cardiovascular health
- Developing concentration and self-discipline
- Building bone strength
- Better motor and coordination skills
- Strength training as one builds their muscles
- Improving spatial awareness
- Mental development
- Enhancing confidence
The Best In-Ground Basketball Hoops
We are now going to learn more about in-ground basketball hoops to try and determine the best ones. There are many different basketball hoops in the market and it could get quite tricky choosing the right one. The truth is that you would want to get a long lasting one since they are not easily movable, and those can be quite expensive. The truth is that nothing good comes cheap.
Goalrilla GS with Tempered Glass Backboard
The Goalrilla GS offer exceptional playability and durability, coming with tempered glass backboards, DuPont powder coating, welded steel poles, and a ton of other features. These basketball systems are built to last. Below are the specifications of the Goalrilla GS:
- 60” x 38” backboard with aluminum frame
- 3/8” thick tempered glass backboard
- 6”x6” steel pole
- 3’ overhang (distance between the backboard and the pole)
- Goal height adjusts from 7.5’ to 10’
- Anchor kit included, and it is installed in-ground with cement
- Limited Lifetime Warranty that includes the glass
- Pro-Style breakaway rim included
- It comes with a squared base, making it strong and stable.
- It has a powerful rebound because of the 3/8-inch tempered glass.
- It has minor shaking, making it the perfect hoop for intense backyard games.
- This hoop can withstand heavy pounding and dunking.
- It is easy to assemble.
- The height is easily adjustable.
- It costs slightly more than the other hoops.
- Installation is easy but it takes a long time to install.
- The hoop requires a lot of ground space besides the deep hole to root it down.
Spalding H-Frame In-Ground Basketball System
The Spalding H-Frame is 60 inches by 38 inches, and it consists of a steel framed glass that is the Goalrilla’s 3/8-inch tempered glass, delivering a high rebound. 6 by 6 inches provide the necessary stability for the pole if it is installed the right way. It comes with an adjustable height of between 7 feet to 10 feet, making it perfect for both adults and teens alike. The anchor kit is easy to assemble although it is best to check that all the parts are there before beginning to assemble.
- 1 x 2-inch steel frame backboard with extruded aluminum rim
- 3/8-inch thick board for better rebounds
- Arena View backstop with four corner, Z-arm mounts
- H frame board bracket for improved stability
- Competition style breakaway rim with flex action
- Positive lock breakaway rim and heavy duty make it easy for aggressive dunking and play
- While most of the other systems allow a minimal height of 7.5, the Spalding H-Frame allows for 7 feet, making it convenient for kids.
- Solid goalpost
- The high-quality backboard makes this loop durable.
- Extremely pricey
- This backboard is pretty heavy, and installation could be quite tricky.
Spalding “888” Series In-Ground Basketball System
The steel frame of the Spalding “888” in-ground basketball system is 72 inches by 42 inches, the 3/8-inch glass backboard consisting of tempered glass for a great rebound. The height can be adjusted between 7 feet to 10 feet, and due to the J-bolt, its easily adjustable to anyone. The pole is stable, coming with a squared base of 6 by 6 inches. It allows for intense play due to the heavy-duty NBA pole pad and flex break-away rim style that comes with the system.
- The heavy-duty pole pad assures the players of safe play
- Minimal vibration
- Looks nice wherever it may be
- The 24” deep hole that the manufacturers recommend isn’t very stable, and it would be better do add on an extra 6”.
- It is too heavy and requires at least 3 people when installing the system.
- Extremely pricey.
Silverback 54″ In-Ground Basketball System
This in-ground Silverback comes with a 54 by 33-inch backboard., also donning a 4.8mm tempered glass and aluminum frame that is long lasting. It comes with an adjustable height of between 7.5 feet and 10 feet, making it ideal for the whole family. It comes with a squared base of, and it is coated Dupont powder to prevent from rusting and keeping it shiny. When a player makes contact with the board, chances of injury are minimal because of the soft cushion created by the pole pad and backboard. The 2.5 feet overhang means that people can play underneath the hoop without the risk of crashing into the pole.
- This is the perfect system for those on a budget, based on the benefits.
- The anchor system makes it easy to install.
- People can defend underneath the goalpost during competitive play due to the overhang.
- It shakes when the ball hits the backboard.
- It’s not as pro a basketball system as some of the others.
Goalsetter Captain In-ground Adjustable System
Goalsetter’s Captain comes with a glass backboard that is 38 by 60 inch. It consists of 3/8 inch fully tempered glass with the H-Frame design providing the necessary. The height can be adjusted between 6 feet to 10 feet, making it suitable for both adults and children, and the minimum height of 6 feet is great for an indoor experience. The anchor hinge system provides complete assembly and optimal stability.
- Comes with a lifetime warranty subject to proper installation.
- Ideal for all ages.
- Easy to assemble due to the ground anchor hinge system.
- The four feet overhang offers a good clearance between the rim and the pole to do reverse layups.
- The 6-inch pole thickness is likely to take a lot of ground space.
I guess that you’re now ready to take out your barbeque grills and hook up your in-ground basketball system, so that you can have a great time with friends or family. You can pick any of the in-ground hoops mentioned above as they come highly recommended, each one of them with its own specs.