Softball, a variant of baseball, was invented in 1887 in the USA. Softball and baseball are two different games, so don’t get confused between the two. Softball is played on a smaller field but with a bigger ball than the baseball. There are three types of softball, namely slow pitch softball, fast pitch softball, and modified softball. This sport was also called kitten ball because people believed that the game of softball is for women and baseball are for men. That is not the case as these are two entirely different sports which can be played by both genders.
The sports gear needed to play softball include, softballs, softball gloves, softball cleats, helmets, and softball bats. Except for two things, the ball and the bat; every equipment remains the same for the three different types of softball games. The right bat is necessary because it reduces the chance of injury and enhances your performance. People often make the mistake of buying a bat that is heavy because it will put more power behind their swing. What they don’t know, a heavy bat might dislocate your shoulder if turned fast. Don’t make the same error, get yourself a softball bat that is the right weight for you. Easton’s FP17SF10 Stealth Flex 10 Fastpitch Softball Bat and DeMarini Bustos Fastpitch Softball Bat (-13) are two of the best fast-pitch softball bats available in the market. You can learn more about fastpitch bats here.
Sports and meat go hand in hand. A basketball game without a hot dog concession stand is incomplete. If you are a meat lover who wants to earn some quick money, then there are hundreds of creative ways to incorporate your love for meat in athletic games (especially softball).
If you are on a tight budget, you can open a barbecue food stall inside/outside a softball field. Because after a watching and playing a tiring match, no one has the energy to go home and cook dinner. Therefore, people prefer ready-to-eat food sold by a hawker or vendor. So, selling barbecue food in softball fields is a good idea. Concession stands earn a hefty amount of money during every game because even if their team win or lose, spectators are going to be hungry anyhow.
Therefore, we have a four steps guide to help you in opening your concession stand/food stall in softball fields.
- Step 1: Get a concession stand business license because you can’t just start running food stand without proper The rules and regulation to get a concession stand license vary from state to state, but there are three necessary permits you need. First, you need to apply for food and beverages permit. Then a business license to sell and the approval of health department. Moreover, you need to have a permanent location to authorise your stand.
- Step 2: Buy all the necessary equipment. The essential things needed to run a concession stand include:
- A generator to power the cooking process.
- A refrigeration equipment.
- At least two waste receptacles and bins.
- Storage cabinets.
- Separate storage tanks for waste and potable water.
- Electrical outlets.
- Disposable cutlery.
- Step 3: Make a strategic business plan. You cannot just start selling food without any forethought. May it be a small food stall or a five-star restaurant, every business needs a plan.
- Step 4: Generate a kick ass menu. Since you are going to be opening a barbecue food stall, therefore, you will need a variety of barbecue items such as beef hot dogs, beef burgers, ribs, sausages, pork chops, kebabs, and corn on a cob. Soft drinks, beverages, condiments, spices, and sauces are also a must-have for Otherwise, the food tastes bland.
Variety is always good. So, expand your menu by including profitable snacks like popcorn, cotton candy, snow cones, and candy apples.